Pest and Termite Inspections
Did you know that termite damage is not covered by insurance?
Did you know that timber can appear solid on the outside but may be hollow as a result of termites?
Did you know that termites can enter your property through a gap of just 2mm and that dampness encourages termite infestation?
Our Pest and Termite Inspections, undertaken in accordance with Australian Standard 4349.3, involves a complete inspection of your new home. We use state-of-the-art Thermal Imaging Technology, checking all exposed timber to ensure it is solid. We identify existing termite damage and any possibilities for future infestation due to property defects.
Pest and Termite Inspections comprise the following components:
- We check all the boundary fences, trees and outbuildings for existing termite infestation or the potential for termite nesting in the future.
- We identify any downpipes or gutters that are directing water towards the exterior walls and check for adequate drainage. We confirm that sub-floor vents are clear of soil from garden beds and check that appliances that release water, such as hot water services, aren’t too close to the exterior walls.
- Continuous and sufficient ventilation is imperative for avoiding termite infestation. We check air vents, weep holes and drainage as well as for leakage immediately under wet areas such as bathrooms and kitchens.
- We inspect the roof structure for termites and any plumbing to make sure that there are no water leaks causing dampness.
- We check all internal walls, particularly in wet rooms, as well as plumbing.
- We also make a thorough inspection of all internal walls, particularly in the wet rooms such as bathrooms, kitchens and laundries, for evidence dampness and leakage.